As we are virtual this year, you can choose where and when you would like to complete your event (anytime between August 1 – Aug 29)! We will have suggested course locations for Bowen Island coming soon. Share your planned event course on your registration page – and we will follow along!
There are three course options:
- 1500 m route
- 750 m route
- Custom Course: choose a distance that suits you best!
- Swim Caps: You will receive an official SwimBowen swim cap in the mail (guaranteed if registered by June 16th) . It is mandatory that you wear one. Heck, you’ll want to!
- Wetsuits: The water is usually warm mid summer, so wetsuits are optional!
- Fins: Swim fins are allowed for the experienced and novice/casual swimmers, but may not be longer than 15 cm measured from the end of the toes to the end of the fin.
It is the swimmer’s job to ensure their virtual event is safe and fun!
- If you are feeling unwell on your chosen day or have been unwell during the week, no worries! A big advantage of the virtual event, you can just plan to swim your event on another day. Just ensure you swim and post your results before our deadline of August 29th.
- You must swim with a buddy, and or have a your own water marshal: boat/kayaker/paddle boarder.
- If you do get into trouble in the water, flip onto your back, raise your arm and wave to let your swim buddy or water marshal know you need assistance.
On August 30th, we will announce our virtual winners along fun and inspiring stories about all of you awesome peeps who came out to SwimBowen’s Virtual 2020 event!
Looking for swim training? We are working on this for you – stay tuned!